When it comes to outdoor lighting, you want to set the mood. You often cannot avoid installing some of these lights in your front yard because you have a driveway or front door. While they may look like decorative lights, exterior LED light bulbs are actually very functional. They can offer safety and security against burglars as well as provide ambiance to a party or gathering. Outdoor lights are ideal for illuminating patios and decks, and your front porch and driveway can also do with some extra lighting. You would have to research the best light bulbs that fit your needs in terms of energy consumption, longevity, brightness and pricing. Below is a review of the top products you should consider purchasing for your home.
Top picks for Best LED Light Bulbs For Outdoor Fixtures
With the Cree Lighting Basic LED BR30 series, your lighting will never be again.
Tired of always having to replace your incandescent bulbs? Make the switch to light natural and warm with an innovative approach. With these long-lasting, omnidirectional lights you’ll see a difference in more than just brightness – energy savings worth up to 88% compared to those classic incandescent bulbs. The beautiful thing about this product is that it provides uniform light from 360 degrees which simulates natural daylight so that colors are bright and vibrant. You won’t have any products producing “glare” for reading or eye strain either! Plus, our instant on feature allows you convenience at the turn of a switch. That means peace of mind and safety since these lights turn on instantly with no need to wait for a warm-up period.
Philips LED Dusk to Dawn A19 Light Bulbs are equipped with a built in light sensor that turns your light bulbs on automatically when the sun goes down and turns the light off when the sun rises. Energy efficient:Philips LED Dusk-To-Dawn A19 Light Bulbs use roughly 75 percent less energy than 60 Watt Incandescent Bulbs . Long lasting: These Philips LEDs last 10x longer than incandescent and 4x longer than halogen bulbs; Each light bulb is expected to deliver a lifetime of up to 22,000 hours and includes a 10 year warranty. Safe: This Philips LED bulb has no glass and contains no mercury. It is also impact resistant so it’s safe for use indoors or outdoors and can withstand high temperatures of up to 125 degrees Farenheight. Weatherproof with a shatter-resistant polycarbonate lens, the built in light sensor will not trigger on cloudy days or when placed indoors; if used outdoors, the sensor will trigger on cloudy days or during winter but not when placed indoors.
The Kasa Smart Light Bulb by TP-Link will change the way you see light. It not only delivers 800 lumens of natural white brightness, but also perfects your mood with dimmable settings and customizable scenes to create the ambiance that suits any moment, no matter what time or year it is. This WiFi light bulb connects to the Kasa app on your smartphone via both 2.4Ghz wifi and Bluetooth for smooth control from anywhere in your home. With voice integration, all you have to do is say “Kasa” to turn lights off or on without touching a thing— making this smart lighting system an easy choice for life’s morning vultures as well as night owls alike! And because we work hard to preserve the integrity of your connected devices, this WiFi light bulb is equipped with high-grade components that ensure a long life (up to 25 years!) and a variety of features for ultimate flexibility in any setting or application.
TCP 5 watt LED yellow bug light bulbs are the perfect fix for any area which is always clouded with swarms of bugs. With these incandescent light replacements, you can enjoy your favorite outdoor activities without fear of being bitten by nasty insects or annoying them in general. The bulbs provide a soft glow which looks like that of an older, less efficient bulb and do not attract insects to ensure safety under trees and shrubs where bugs tends to hang out more often. Inspired by TCP’s design standards for energy-saving products, these long lasting heat resistant lights last 22.5 years – rated at 25000 hours to provide you with plenty of bug-free light for years to come!
This product is a great service for those using old and high energy bulbs in their home. This LED Edison bulb from Helloify is flicker-free, silent, dimmable, from 0-100% with all dimmers (and we know all of you have different preferences when it comes to brightness levels!), lightweight and strong–we provide this as an eco friendly solution to your home decor needs!
It’s the perfect family event lightbulb – The warm glow that they produce will make any occasion feel special. With a colored glass style Edison mount adapter on top of each Edison filament tube, everyone can enjoy the beauty of these lights without having fear of standing too close or touching them. Plus they’re synonymous with country chic decor which makes this the perfect light for barn weddings, country weddings and art shows!
What to Look for in LED Light Bulbs For Outdoor Fixtures
- You should take a close look at the construction of the light bulb before purchasing. For example, some LED light bulbs use a plastic casing which is not acceptable for outdoor lighting fixtures. See if it’s rated to be able to endure exposure to the elements and make sure that you stay away from those that aren’t.
- You also want to be sure that the light bulb has sufficient heat sink capacity. If it’s rated for indoor use only, it won’t have enough thermal mass to handle being outdoors for long periods of time.
- Just like with indoor use, you need to make sure that your outdoor LED light bulbs are waterproof or at least water resistant if they are going to be used outside. That is an absolute necessity if you want them to last a long time.
- You also need to look for outdoor LED light bulbs that are made of materials which aren’t going to corrode in harsh weather conditions or succumb to either of the two extremes of heat or cold so that they hold up over time.
- You need to be sure that the LED light bulbs you choose are rated for outdoor use as well. That is an absolute necessity because there is a big difference between indoor and outdoor quality of lighting.
- An important factor to consider when purchasing these types of products is color temperature. The truth is, how much light you get from your LED light bulb is going to depend in large part on the color temperature. That’s because color temperature indicates how much energy is being used and how bright it will be for you.
- You need to keep in mind that the higher the Kelvin rating, the less energy efficient it would be. If you’re looking for outdoor light bulbs that use the least amount of energy possible, you’ll want to be sure that you purchase ones with the lowest color temperature rating.
- You should also make sure that it comes packaged with everything you need to get started as quickly as possible. There is nothing more frustrating than waiting for your light bulbs only to find out later that they aren’t compatible with your fixture or even worse – that they are a dud!
- It’s important to check packaging carefully because there has been an increase in counterfeit products being sold online and on Amazon specifically. If they don’t have certain certifications or if those certifications are not listed prominently either on product or its packaging then do not buy them!
- While you should of course check the luminosity ratings as part of your research, another way to tell how bright they are going to be is by looking at how many lumens it has. The greater amount of lumens that a light bulb produces, the brighter it’s going to be for your purposes.
- You also want to know if there are any special fitting requirements with outdoor LED light bulbs because some may require an adapter or extender kit in order for them to work properly with the fixture that you plan on using them in. If it comes bundled with those types of items then all the better!
- Finally, don’t forget about color rendering index (CRI) when choosing new LED light bulbs. It’s not good enough for these types of bulbs to just be bright. You need them to have a high enough CRI rating so they can faithfully recreate all the different colors in your surroundings. This feature will really add that extra bit of realism you’ve been looking for